Re: E-Quill Annotation Software

Hey Dave,
E-Quill is lovely! It took me 5minutes to download, install and do the tutorial.
The interface is great, very easy to grasp.

> While E-Quill perhaps doesn't (yet) fit the bill as an annotation system in
> the sense that is often discussed on this mailing list,

I don't think that this list has established firmly what makes and annotation
system, and it seems that E-Quill gets as close as any. No system is going to
work if it's hard to use and I think that E-Quill is showing us the way to go in
usability.

> E-Quill was founded by three students from the Brown University Graphics
> Lab; the team has a rich UI and hypertext background.

It shows!

In terms of collaborative work and sharing markup though where do you see it
going, I can see that it is easy to show others what you have added but what
happens when a group wants to add a bit from everyone ( I mean in the potential
complexity of the way the page will look and how to identify who has said/done
what). I realise that this is often the fate of shared paper documents but then
we also have a rich set of extra indicators like pen types, handwriting styles
and presence.

Regards
Julie
Julie Gibson                     E-mail: julieg@weborganic.com
Weborganic Systems Pty. Ltd.     http://www.weborganic.com
Level 10, 91 York St Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
Phone +61 2 9262 4777