Re: anwser : how ThirdVoice works with IE

From: Adrian Mark Heilbut <adrian.heilbut@utoronto.ca>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 04:05:07 -0400
To: www-annotation@w3.org, Laurent.Denoue@univ-savoie.fr
Apparently ThirdVoice for Netscape works as a proxy server.  It sits between you
and the net, and adds the javascript (or even applets?) that provide the
TV interface.

There was a thread about this a  couple of weeks ago at http://www.scripting.com.
There has been a lot of discussion about ThirdVoice there, much of it critical, but
it makes very interesting read.

The discussion of how the new version works is at
http://discuss.userland.com/msgReader$11014

Despite the fact that Third Voice is such a mess, I still think a local mediator
(even one approximated by a proxy) is the most promising architechture for
implementing these kinds of applications...

Adrian
adrian.heilbut@utoronto.ca
http://www.syncytium.net