Re: Current Support - minimal AMAYA maintenance ?

I appreciate very much Amaya and I use it every day.

- *The best HTML editor*:
Better than Blue Griffon where I had several problems.
I use AMAYA for both web pages edition and for nearly all my local documents.
For me the rough basic standard HTML is the best solution.
It spare enormous much time rather than to have to type HTML tags, but it is still possible
to do a few things in source code, when sometimes necessary.
Currently the functionalities cover most of my needs, but in the future  soon or later an
evolution to full HTML5 will be desirable.

- *Easy handling of logical structures*:
I have many levels of lists of lists and it is very easy to move an element with all his
depending sub-lists.  Simply by means of a "F2", cut and paste.
Up to now  for documentations I am not interested in advanced presentations gadgets.  I
feel Libre Office unnecessary complicated and focusing on the look rather than the
structure.
Remark: the "F2" should support the "cut" of all the elements of a list at once, but there is
an simple workaround, to add a dummy element before the "cut".

- *Rigorous W3C compatibility*

- *Easy hypertext management between all my documents.*

- *But there is an urgent problem of minimal maintenance*:
In 2016 I could no more install Amaya on my usual platform, Linux-KUBUNTU, since a
security problem did arise.
Indeed Amaya require "libssl0.9.8m" which is deprecated and no more available in the
KUBUNTU environment.
The provisional workaround was to rename a copy of the new security module version 1.0
with the old name.
Fortunately the platform interface is still the same and it works although it is of course a
dirty trick !

From a technical point of view, myself I would not be able to maintain AMAYA, but I could
contribute to some funding.

Etienne Saliez