Re: When will the next release be posted?

Hello,

Indeed, there are no internal developments on Amaya currently. Irene and
Vincent retired and both W3C and Inria stopped their involvment in the
project. I work partial time at W3C but I have no assignment to work on
new developments.
Amaya has always been an open source project and I created a github
repository [1] to get a broader audience.
Some works have been done recently on HTML5 support, I hope to be able
to integrate them and create a specific snapshot.
But Amaya is a very complex project, used for both production and
research purposes.
As Stanimir said, the main problem is the rendering engine. Amaya uses
it's own engine which is the most complex (and biggest) part of the
code. I don't know this part very well and it would require a huge work
to be able to maintain it. There was a project two years ago to work on
the separation of the editor part and the rendering part and use Gecko
for that, unfortunately this project didn't succeed.
To my point of view, this separation is essential if we want Amaya
continue to evolve, but as I said, it would require a lot of time. I can
help on some points but cannot lead.
Nevertheless, I'd like to see a first support of HTML5 on Amaya and I
think it's possible with the work that has been done on it.

Regards,
Laurent

[1] https://github.com/W3C/Amaya