Re: Howto appy a style to an element without generating a span ?

Hi Antoine,

I think your problem is that you are selecting the text in the element
rather than the element.

To select the element you place the cursor in the element and press F2,
then the style is applied to the element without creating a span when
you apply it from the style menu.

If you need to select a higher order element, such as a div rather than
one of the paragraphs in the div, then you press F2 until the correct
element is selected - You can see in the bottom of the window which kind
of element is selected.

I am using Amaya 11.4.4 on Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, hopefully it behaves
the same on Ubuntu 12 LTS.

I hope that solves your problem.

Med venlig hilsen / Best regards / Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Christian Ræbild / Christian Raebild