how to configure secure proxy

From: <christian.malen@lyc-curie.ac-aix-marseille.fr>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:28:45 +0100 (CET)
To: www-amaya@w3.org
hi,

I'm a little bit disappointed with Amaya's configuration of the proxy. I
work in a school and to get into Internet we have to go through a secure
proxy.
My OS is windows XP the proxy is SQUID.
I have no problem with firefox for instance.
I tried to configure Amaya's proxy configuration and, afterwards, to set a
changeable environment as recomended in previous Q/A ( the last in 2004)
in this mailing list (without and after with the user name
http://username@proxy:port/  and I tried with canonical name of the proxy
and the full one)
But it doesn't work : it is as if Amaya didn't see that I have configured
a proxy address.
So could anyone help ? I would like to use amaya with my students but, at
this time, it's impossible.
Sorry if I missed something trivial or wich has been explained somewhere !
thanks for your help
christian malen