Re: how to configure secure proxy

Hi christian,

> My OS is windows XP the proxy is SQUID.

I'm also in a similar network environment.

> I tried to configure Amaya's proxy configuration and, afterwards, to set a
> changeable environment as recomended in previous Q/A ( the last in 2004)
> in this mailing list (without and after with the user name
> http://username@proxy:port/  and I tried with canonical name of the proxy
> and the full one)
> But it doesn't work : it is as if Amaya didn't see that I have configured
> a proxy address.
> So could anyone help ? I would like to use amaya with my students but, at
> this time, it's impossible.

The general form is:

http://USERNAME:PASSWORD@PROXY:PORT

Although this may naturally raise security issues as the credentials
will be available in clear text within the configuration.

Amaya properly detects the presence of an authenticated proxy so, in
general, you should use:

http://PROXY:PORT

Amaya will prompt for credentials whenever necessary. I'd suggest you
configure the "proxy domain list" ("no proxy for", usually) to
consider your Intranet environment. :-)

> Sorry if I missed something trivial or wich has been explained somewhere !
> thanks for your help

There's seems to be some documentation on proxy support available in
the User Manual [1] and more [2]. ;-)

Hope this helps,
 Helder Magalhães

[1] http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/doc/Configure.html#Proxy