Re: Put method

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 15:46:42 +0100
To: "David Lockett" <locked@iinet.net.au>, www-amaya@w3.org

On Fri, 06 Feb 2009 09:30:24 +0100, David Lockett <locked@iinet.net.au>
wrote:
> Can anyone provide information about using the Put method to upload
> files from Amaya? My service provider assures me that they permit the
> Put method, although they know nothing about Amaya ad we can find no
> clear instructions that describe setting up the process within Amaya.

I use it daily. I'm not sure exactly what you're asking for, but if you
load a document from an http: address, edit it, and then do a save, Amaya
automatically does a PUT back to the same http address. I have never done
anything to my copy of Amaya to make this work, it is just the default
behaviour. The server has to understand the PUT method, but assuming it
does, it should just work out of the box. If the server doesn't accept
PUT, then you get a dialogue box (a monologue box actually) "This method
is not allowed".

Hope this helps,

Best wishes,
Steven Pemberton