RE: Put method

From: CPK Smithies <c.1@smithies.org>
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2009 00:42:03 -0000
To: "David Lockett" <locked@iinet.net.au>
Cc: <www-amaya@w3.org>

PUT needs not only to be supported by the web server, but also
implemented.

Apache httpd doesn't implement PUT by default because of the obvious
security risks; however, it provides hooks whereby you can install a PUT
handler to implement the protocol. If you google for "apache http put"
you will find some useful articles. (I cannot comment on other web
servers.) For Apache, I can assist with a PHP script and some .htaccess
mods if you're stuck.

Amaya is supposed to support WebDAV also, but doesn't appear to work
with modern versions of Apache; I asked about this here a few months ago
but it appears that nobody is using the facility so I gave up on this!