Re: Bug, Amaya 10.0: Fails Acid2 Browser Test

Irene Vatton wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Amaya is an authoring tool and not a browser.

Verry true!
> Empty elements (div, p) must be displayed in Amaya because the user may need
> to click on it and insert text within. That completely changes the rendering
> of documents like acid2 test.

Sounds reasonable. How do other editors coop on this?
> I also think strange that somebody spends time to take advantage of CSS
> errors. Our goal is to help users to generate pages without error (Amaya
> reports errors for that), and not to win the price of the best rendering
> effect of pages with errors.

I have not peeked in the acid test. If it is 'error driven' I'd say the
test is wrong. Or does it test the handling of such errors?

On the other hand, this can be a challenge for the editors: Find and
handle/update/change/solve the errors in the acid test. How do other
editors on this behalf?

For what its worth, I've hooked amaya to frontpage (added it to the
'open with' list) for the next reasons:

    * Check the code on errors
    * View the structure (and find errors in that too)
    * Add or update the clickable contents list

and also for editing the way I want it...