Re: Can't find a bunch of stuff

Le dimanche 22 juin 2008 à 22:07 -0500, Vidiot a écrit :
> I'm a newbie, so please take pity regarding the following query.
>
> Platform: Fedora Core 7
> Amaya: amaya_wx-10.0.1-1.i386-f6.rpm
>
> As a side note, I tried to install:
>
>  rpm -Uvh amaya_wx-10.1-pre-1.i386.rpm
>  error: Failed dependencies:
>          libexpat.so.1 is needed by amaya_wx-10.1-1.i386
>
> The problem is the following:
>
> 09:29:40 PM: Error: Impossible to get permissions for file '/styles/tvshows.css' (error 2: No such file or directory)
> 09:29:40 PM: Error: can't open file '/home/brown/.amaya/0/tvshowscRTI2m' (error 2: No such file or directory)
> 09:29:40 PM: Error: Can't load image from file '/images/icons/favicon.ico': file does not exist.
> 09:29:40 PM: Error: can't open file '/images/WTC_RibbonSm.gif' (error 2: No such file or directory)
> 09:29:40 PM: Error: can't open file '/images/flag.gif' (error 2: No such file or directory)
> 09:29:40 PM: Error: can't open file '/images/WTC_RibbonSm.gif' (error 2: No such file or directory)
> 09:29:40 PM: Error: can't open file '/images/Blu-ray_Disc_29x12.png' (error 2: No such file or directory)
> [...]
>
> As we all know, for typical browser operation, the base path is figured out by
> the browser and web server, when accessed via a browser, via a web server.
>
> When using Amaya with direct file access, that base is no longer there.
>
> How does one tell Amaya what the base path should be in order to find these
> items?  How is that going to work with relative paths, i.e., one goes into
> a subdirectory and the HTML document finds, for example, images in a directory
> called "images," without a slash in front of it?

The best solution is to use relative paths like "../../images/xxxxx" (by
default Amaya generates relative paths)
Another solution is to use absolute paths like
"http://server.org/images/xxxxx"
Another solution is to use a <base href="http://server.org"> element

> How does one set the colors of the displayed text in the source area?  The
> colors that are there make the text extremely difficult to read, since it is
> light colors on a white background.  The color preference page has nothing
> regarding the colors for elements, etc.

In latest versions the color is black.

> Lastly is a philosophical question regarding the deprecation of <FONT>.
> I make constant use of that element, as it is easier than trying to figure out
> how to do it with stylesheets:

You may use <span> elements to change fonts and color of the text.
There is now a Style panel that halps you to generate this kind of

--
Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inria.fr>
INRIA