Fonts for Amaya (Mac OS X)

From: Leif Halvard Silli <hyperlekken@lenk.no>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 22:59:26 +0200
To: www-amaya@w3.org

Hi - in trying to put Amaya to work, we feel hampered by the somewhat
primitive font support.

It seems as if Amaya doesn't support the installed fonts on my Mac.

Is there any page somewhere that describes how one can make Amay use
other fonts than the built-in fonts it comes with?

(I would actually have been satisfied, as author, with Amaya if it
weren't because we need to work with combining diacritica. And each time
I insert a combining diacritica, then Amaya - or the fonts it supports -
starts to render the text in very impractical ways: The insertino point
moves away from the "typing point" -- the insertion point looks as if it
is placed 1-2 characters to the right of the real insertion point. And
hence it all becomes very difficult to write.

On Mac OS X the 'Lucidad Grande' font is the default font - and support
for that font, would have been very good.
--
leif halvard silli