Re: Amaya-9.55-pre3 X Window error!

From: Keith Hopper <kh@waikato.ac.nz>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 18:28:13 +1200
To: www-amaya@w3.org

In article <49355.195.224.154.166.1183643249.squirrel@mail.imalip.net>,
   Regis Boudin <regis@boudin.name> wrote:

[snip]

> Just for reference, which driver do you use ? nv, nvidia, vesa ? vesa and
> nvidia don't use DRI at all, so you would be back in indirect rendering
> mode which triggers the error. If you run "nv", that's probably a new bug,
> then :(

     So far as I can tell from the map and the /sys content, there is a
vesafb_driver - but also nvram.  Certainly the kernel is happy with the
MCP61 chipset - there are no complaints during kernel boot at all.

> I'm afraid Direct Rendering doesn't sound very compatible with VNC, but I
> might be wrong...

     I had that suspicion - but it might just have been another clue!

          Thanks for your interest!

                         Keith

--
Sky Development