Re: [CSS] Floats impact non-positioned blocks while they must not

From: Stanimir Stamenkov <stanio@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 20:24:47 +0300
To: "www-amaya.w3.org" <www-amaya@w3.org>

/Stanimir Stamenkov/:

> Amaya 9.52: on the example attachments "float_1.html" and "float_2.html"
> the floated box impacts the size of the surrounding non-positioned
> blocks while it should impact only their line boxes (inline content).

O.k. I see this already present in the Amaya open bug list [1]:

CSS005: Floated boxes don't cross hierarchical structure, so
following divisions are displayed below as if they have a "clear:
both" rule

I've just expanded the issue a bit further.

[1]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/Amaya/doc/Amaya_open_bugs.html?content-type=text/html&only_with_tag=HEAD

--
Stanimir