[CSS] Floats impact non-positioned blocks while they must not

From: Stanimir Stamenkov <stanio@myrealbox.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 21:37:49 +0300
To: "www-amaya.w3.org" <www-amaya@w3.org>
Amaya 9.52: on the example attachments "float_1.html" and
"float_2.html" the floated box impacts the size of the surrounding
non-positioned blocks while it should impact only their line boxes
(inline content).

<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#floats>:

> Since a float is not in the flow, non-positioned block boxes created
> before and after the float box flow vertically as if the float
> didn't exist. However, line boxes created next to the float are
> shortened to make room for margin box of the float.

The specification gives illustrations for similar cases I've given
and I'm attaching sample reference renderings using Mozilla.

--
Stanimir

float_1.png
(image/png attachment: float_1.png)