Re: lists - very strange

Oh.
(I'm pressing my enter key!)

Chaals, thanks ever so much. This imformation is perfect. It works as
advertised (now that I have read the ad!). I'm delighted. It's just rather
unusual (as is a number of things about Amaya - but it's a wonderful
program, I do have to say).

Thank you so much for helping me.

Tom

> Hi Tom,
>
> You can create the list before you start typing the text - it saves
> doing the selection step. For example, if you are writing a paragraph,
> and do ctrl-h-l it will create a new list item where you can begin
> typing "one".
>
> And then, press return twice at the end of each list item - the first
> time creates a new paragraph in the same list item and the second one
> makes it a new item instead.
>
> In general the enter key successively starts new elements. If, for
> example, you are in a dt in a dl in a div in another div, enter will
> offer, depending on how often in a row you hit it
>
>   1. A new dt
>   2. A new dd
>   3. A new p inside the same div, but outside the dl
>   4. A new p outside the first div but inside the second
>   5. A new p outside both divs
>
> (or something like that...)
>
> cheers
>
> Chaals
>
> On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 11:48:28 +0100, Tom Cloyd
> <tomcloyd@bestmindhealth.com> wrote:
>

>> I'm struggling to understand how to easily create a list in Amaya. It's
>> behavior is beyond comprehension, for me, and there appears to be no
>> useful documentation, which is baffling.
>>
>> Here's what I'm doing:
>>
>> * I type a word in Amaya - "one"
>> * I press F2 to select the line
>> * I press Ctrl+h+l to create list element
>> * I press Enter, to get a new, empty list element, but I get a
>> paragraph instead!
>>
>> There seems to be no way out of this. Entering another word - "two" -
>> selecting and trying to convert this to a list element creates a
>> hierarchical list, which is plain wrong.
>>
>> So, this --
>>
>> <ul>
>>    <li>one
>>    </li>
>> </ul>
>>
>> gets converted to --
>>
>> <ul>
>>      <ul>
>>        <li>two</li>
>>      </ul>
>>    </li>
>> </ul>
>>
>> This is wrong, AND a mess.
>>
>> Can someone please explain this to me, and tell me if there's a simple
>> way to create lists in Amaya that doesn't involved hand editing the
>> source?
>>
>> Whatever it's doing, it's simply not usable when there's no
>> documatation that easily locatable.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>
>> -- Tom

>> Tom Cloyd
>> Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A.
>> << TC.BestMindHealth.com / BestMindHealth.com >>
>> << tomcloyd@bestmindhealth.com >>

Tom Cloyd, MS MA, LMHC
Private practice Psychotherapist
Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226