Re: Amaya 9.0 for administrator only

From: CornÚ Beerse <cbeerse@lycos.nl>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 10:42:47 +0100
To: JosÚ Carlos Santos <jcsantos@fc.up.pt>
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org

JosÚ Carlos Santos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have installed Amaya 9.0 under Windows XP SP2. My problem is that
> Amaya created a folder "Amaya WX 9.0" at

Pleasant surprise to see 9.0 and 8.7 install side by side automatically.

> Start Menu -> Programs
>
> for the administrator only. I think that it should do it for all users.

I'd say a nice program should ask the installer to:
- create items for the user only.
- create items for the default-user (template for first-logins)
- create items for all-users (automatic available for all users)
- create items for known users (everyone already having a local profile).

Those might not all be possible given the installers rights, either all-users or
user-only should be the default.

My 2 cents,

CBee