Re: Windows XP SP2 error

Michael.Giroux@objectweb.org wrote:

>My system was upgraded to Windows XP SP2, and now I'm getting an error
>when I open Amaya and when I try to click on any link in an HTML document.
>
>The error message is:
>
>(source: WIN_TtaSetToggleMenu(1) Error 1401)
>
>I'll watch for an update so I can resume using Amaya.

To Windows or to Amaya? Do Microsoft let you downgrade, because that is
the most immediate solution? I would be reporting your error to
Microsoft, and giving the Amaya team as a contact, for they may be able
to add to your bug report, and show the code in question which is now
failing.

I would hope the Amaya team place a higher priority on actual bugfixes
and extensions than fooling around with a proven flaky operating system.
At any rate, how do we know MS haven't deliberately sabotaged their
operating system to promote sales of their web authoring solution? There
certainly is precedent (Windows on DR DOS was broken to promote MS DOS.)

Archer

End.