Re: Amaya bug: charset information stripped out

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:24:04 +0100
"Richard Ishida" <ishida@w3.org> wrote:

> We have several times found that Amaya strips the charset declaration,
> ie. in our case,

> from an XHTML file during either editing or saving.

date: 2002/06/27
Amaya no longer generates a <meta http-equiv ... > element when it
saves a XHTML document (and removes this element if it exists) to avoid
conflicts between the charset in the XML declaration and the meta charset.

When you request to save the document in HTML (See Save As),
Amaya adds the meta.

So the charset is either defined by the XML declaration or the meta element.