Re: WIN2K/XP BUG & WISHLIST: Amaya user directory

Maurizio Codogno wrote:

>>From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>
>>

>>The problem is that this is the third change we do to this code for
>>finding the Windows user home dir. It seems it's not always the same
>>even in the same architecture.
>>

>Well, I just looked at the environment vars in XP, and I found no
>APPDATA :-)
>
>Probably the best way to cope with this is a multilayer approach:
>
>- if the environment variable AppData exists, use it as home directory;
>- otherwise, if the environment variable UserHome (or something like
>that) exists, use it as home directory;
>- otherwise, complain with user and tell her to set up a suitable
>environment variable;
>- if she forces a "go on", use C:\Amaya\ .
>
>ciao, .mau.

Let's take advantage of other open source projects and see how Mozilla
or some other program does it.  From what I see, the starting point to
find this out is somewhere around
http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/profile/src/nsProfile.cpp#1548

--
Brant Langer Gurganus
http://www.cherokeescouting.org/OtherUnits/Troop545IIN/brant.xhtml

If "Actions speak louder than words," how is that "The pen is mightier than the sword."?