Re: WIN2K/XP BUG & WISHLIST: Amaya user directory

>From: Jose Kahan <jose.kahan@w3.org>

>The problem is that this is the third change we do to this code for
>finding the Windows user home dir. It seems it's not always the same
>even in the same architecture.

Well, I just looked at the environment vars in XP, and I found no
APPDATA :-)

Probably the best way to cope with this is a multilayer approach:

- if the environment variable AppData exists, use it as home directory;
- otherwise, if the environment variable UserHome (or something like
that) exists, use it as home directory;
- otherwise, complain with user and tell her to set up a suitable
environment variable;
- if she forces a "go on", use C:\Amaya\ .

ciao, .mau.