Re: Amaya Won't start due to font problems

At 8:50 AM -0400 6/16/03, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

>Yep, this has happened to a bunch of people. I fixed it by installing Amaya
>7.2 from fink unstable.
>
>I believe Damian has packaged 8.0 as well - but don't see it in fink anywhere
>:(
>
>cheers
>
>Chaals

Many thanks Chaals - that worked great.  Amaya 7.2 has a different
dependency structure - appears to add gtk+ and some imlib stuff -
which seems to have fixed things - Amaya now loads okay, thanks much.
  -JH

>On Mon, 16 Jun 2003, Jim Hendler wrote:
>

>>I don't know if this is same or different problem - I just installed
>>amaya using Fink on a new Mac OS X (Jaguar) with X11 installed.  When
>>I try to start amaya it starts okay, gets the initial screen for a
>>moment, and then crashes.  The error reads:
>>
>>Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
>>gdk-imlib ERROR: Cannot load image: /usr/share/Amaya/amaya/annot.gif
>>All fallbacks failed.
>>*** Amaya: irrecoverable error ***
>>
>>Since this is also a gdk related error, thought I'd mention it in
>>this thread.
>>
>>Apologies if this was discussed before (and I'd love a pointer to a
>>solution) - I tried searching the archives w/o any obvious success
>>   thanks
>>   Jim H.

Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  *** 240-277-3388 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler      *** NOTE CHANGED CELL NUMBER ***