Re: Can't get 'create rule' sub window for CSS to open list

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:29:39 -0400 (EDT)
To: guenter strubinsky <strubinsky@acm.org>
cc: <www-amaya@w3.org>

There are no stupid questions, but lots of people who just give up instead of
asking...

In amaya you have to select an element using esc (Unix/Mac) or F2
(Windows) that has an inline style rule (a style attribute, in HTML).

You can see in the status line at the bottom what is selected - usually it
will say something like text \ p \ body \ html \ Document

To make this work, select a bit of text, and style it using the style menu.
The status line will then say text \ span \ p \ etc....

If you press the esc/f2 key (according to your platform, see above) the thing
selected will be the parent of what had been selected. Text just means random
text - so in this example you shoulld see span \ ....

now try to create rule.

Create Rule puts a rule into the document's style sheet, based on what a
style attribute says about a aprticular element.

It would be good to add a couple of examples to the page about creating rules
- how to make a random style, how to select an h3, style it, and create a
rule so that all h3's get the style. A beer is on offer for whoever does it
first.

Cheers

Chaals