Bug?: No Startup because of incorrect amaya.css (Amaya7.1 W98)

From: Christoph Koenig <koenig.christoph@t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 12:53:31 +0100
To: <www-amaya@w3.org>

Hello,

I had problems installing new versions of Amaya since 6.4. The new version
just would not start.

This time I deleted the whole amaya directory after unistalling my old
version and added back my old user-files one by one.
I found this very irritating behavior:

Amaya 7.1 (Win98) does not start up at all if the following file amaya.css
is present in the user directory
(C:\Programme\Amaya\users\Christoph in my case):

The file contains one line:
.comment p {font-size: smaller}

At least this ist the line I found in my old amaya.css which causes the
trouble.
It is the ".comment p" which is relevant here. It should mean: "a <P>
contained in any element of the class 'comment'."
I am not shure, wether this is a correct css command, but even if it is not,
Amaya should still launch and just ignore the css file.

Christoph