Re: german dialogues corrupted in Amaya 6.4 GTK

From: Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 12:55:13 +0200
To: Karl-Michael Schneider <schneide@phil.uni-passau.de>
Cc: www-amaya@w3.org, Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr

Hi Karl,

> I installed the Amaya GTK 6.4 Linux rpm yesterday. My dialogue language is
> german. Entries from de-amayadialogue and de-amayamsg in the config directory
> are not displayed in menus and dialogues if they contain umlauts () or

I'm not able to read german dialogues but they seem well displayed in my GTK
6.4
version.
Could you point me to an dialogue entry that doesn't work?

> possibly other non ascii characters. Has this something to do with fonts/X11 or
> glibc locale? Umlauts are displayed when they appear in a HTML page in all
> views (structure, source, text).

It could be due to your glibc locale? I suspect more a choice of a specific
font for your GTK dialogues.
Could you check your configuration file .gtkrc