Re: compile problem: No such dir as Xm

> Irene Vatton wrote:
> >>I followed the instructions for unix install but I got stuck on both the tarball
> >>and CVS installs at make all, because it had alot of errors like
> >>
> >>../../thotlib/include/thot_gui.h:134:24: Xm/MwmUtil.h: No such file or directory
> >>../../thotlib/include/thot_gui.h:135:26: Xm/BulletinB.h: No such file or directory
> >>
> >>I don't have an Xm directory nor a MwmUtil.h file anywhere.  I have LessTif
> >>0.92.32 installed, not openmotif.
> >

> > LessTif should provide same include files (it does if you get the development
> > kit).
>
> You and CBee are correct (thank u) -- in addition to the Lesstif rpm i had to
> install the lesstif-devel rpm, because that has the missing files.  But after
> installing that rpm and re-running ../configure and make, I get the same missing
> file errors, from both configure and make.  ../configure returns "Motif includes
> were not found  Amaya might not compile".

This is the list of directories where configure looks for Motif include files
(Xm/*.h)
    /usr/lib/Motif1.2     \
    /usr/Motif1.2/lib     \
    /sw/Lesstif/Motif2.0/lib \
                          \
    /usr/motif/lib        \
                          \
    /usr/X11R6/lib        \
    /usr/X11R5/lib        \
                          \
    /usr/lib/X11R6        \
    /usr/lib/X11R5        \
                          \
    /usr/local/X11R6/lib  \
    /usr/local/X11R5/lib  \
                          \
    /usr/local/lib/X11R6  \
    /usr/local/lib/X11R5  \
                          \
    /usr/X11/lib          \
    /usr/lib/X11          \
    /usr/local/X11/lib    \
                          \
    /usr/X386/lib         \
    /usr/x386/lib         \
    /usr/XFree86/lib/X11  \
                          \
    /usr/lib              \
    /usr/local/lib        \
    /usr/unsupported/lib  \
    /usr/athena/lib       \
    /usr/local/x11r5/lib  \
    /usr/lpp/Xamples/lib  \
                          \
    /usr/lesstif/lib      \
    /usr/local/lesstif/lib\
    /usr/gnu/lesstif/lib  \
    $HOME/lesstif/lib     \

It seems that your include files are located in another place.

> > You can also test to compile the GTK version.
>
> So I re-ran ../configure with the --with-gtk option, but I then get the same
> errors from make:

You have to clean up the whole object directory to avoid confusion with the
previous
configure.