compile problem: No such dir as Xm

From: George Herson <gherson@snet.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 16:23:09 -0400
To: www-amaya@w3.org

I followed the instructions for unix install but I got stuck on both the tarball
and CVS installs at make all, because it had alot of errors like

../../thotlib/include/thot_gui.h:134:24: Xm/MwmUtil.h: No such file or directory
../../thotlib/include/thot_gui.h:135:26: Xm/BulletinB.h: No such file or directory

I don't have an Xm directory nor a MwmUtil.h file anywhere.  I have LessTif
0.92.32 installed, not openmotif.

my platform: redhat linux 7.2 on intel.

This time I installed Amaya 6.2 via rpm but in the future I may want to try the
CVS version.  Suggestions for next time?

thank u,
george

p.s. on step 1 of http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/cvs.html it says "On <i>both</i>
Windows and Unix" run winConfigure.pl but then at step 2 it looks like Unix
users should have run libtoolize first, so step 1's reference to unix users
should be removed.