Re: No Annotation icon when selection in <pre></pre>

Hi Jose,
today I downloaded Amaya (and libwww as described in [1]) from W3C CVS
repository and compiled it on my NT machine but it seems that the problem
of annotating <pre>....</pre> is still there...

Can you please try to annotate a selection in
     http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite/startapp.cc.html
?

I successfully POSTed the annotation (I can check this w/ Views--> Show Links)
but no 'pencil icon appears on the page...and this happens the since the
beginning of new 'Annotations-->Annotate selection'
Issuing 'Annotations-->Move to stored XPointer' prints the following message"
     Cannot find where to move the annotation

It seems like <pre> tags mess up the XPointer alogorithm...

Instead, it does work for a 'document annotation'.

Hope it helps

Enrico

[1] http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/cvs.html