Re: Unfamiliar language in Style>Format dialogue box

Hi Irene,

That fixed it.  If anyone else needs it here is the
procedure that I used:

Start Mandrake Control Center click on system then
fonts.

Click Add Fonts

Browse to /usr/local/Amaya/fonts.  This should show a
list of fonts.  Mine were grayed out.  Click ok.

This should bring a list box showing icones.pcf.
Click install all.

Click Strong verification.

The system will ask to create a directory at
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts called pcf_drakfont.  Click
ok.

The system will make the directory and install the
font.  The next time you start Amaya the icons should
show in the Style>Format dialogue box.

Best regards,
John Little

--- Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr> wrote:
> > When I click Style>Format the
> language/abbreviations
> > are unfamiliar to me.  I have put a screenshot at
> > http://computercentral-1.com/screenshot.html
>
> Amaya normally install fonts that display icons
> instead of characters.
> It seems that it cannot installed these fonts on
> your font server. That
> occurs with X-terminals because fonts should be
> installed on the
> X-terminal server and not the X-terminal itself.
> If it's the case you can request your system manager
> to install Amaya fonts
> (directory Amaya/fonts).
>
> The joined picture display the form has you should
> see it.
>

> > It is easy enough to see what they do but can
> someone
> > tell me if this is correct?  I have checked the
> > settings I could find and they all indicate en.
> Have
> > I missed something?  How do I change this to US
> > english if it is not correct?
> >
> > I installed using gmake and gtk on Mandrake 8.1
> >
> > Thanks,
> > John Little

> > Yahoo! Sports - Coverage of the 2002 Olympic Games
> > http://sports.yahoo.com
> >

> ATTACHMENT part 2 image/gif name=format.gif

=====
Thanks,
John Little
Reading, learning, asking, practicing and trying facilitate understanding. Happiness is understanding how things work.