Re: CDATA

On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Mark Lee wrote:

>     A file, once it has been hauled into an editor, only represents a
> suspended 'snapshot' of the currently active file. Until the file is saved
> neither it nor the script it contains are active.

Looking at the original post, I had thought you originally asked why scripts
were not executing in Amaya - which Laurent answered by saying that wasn't
implemented yet. Scripts are useful because they make documents interactive
- in other words, the state of the document changes over time. Editing a
moving target is an awkward challenge, but some documents depend on their
script components in order to present properly, so editing them without
scripts active is awkward also.

Did you only want Amaya to execute scripts when not in editing mode?

>     Why Python? I am curious because I have only encountered comparisons
> between Python and Java or C.

Python is designed to be embedded in things, and I like the stuff.

-- Horatio