Re: CDATA

Horatio;
    A file, once it has been hauled into an editor, only represents a
suspended 'snapshot' of the currently active file. Until the file is saved
neither it nor the script it contains are active. Saving the altered file as
a beta file buffers the web-surfing public. So, I guess I am missing your
point about  "... scripts running loose inside a document ...",  please
enlighten me.
    Why Python? I am curious because I have only encountered comparisons
between Python and Java or C. I was referring to something much more compact
that only runs within a web browser environment like JavaScript, which is
currently, I believe, the most accurate representation of the ECMA-262
standard.
                                  - Mark

Mark Lee
Smithsonian Institution
Electronic HelpDesk & Software Distribution System Webmaster
mlee@sivm.si.edu