Re: Amaya's as Browser Vs Amaya as Coding Tool

From: Maurizio Codogno <puntomaupunto@tin.it>
Date: Wed Aug 22 04:07:18 2001
To: www-amaya@w3.org
> From: bob.watkins@baesystems.com

> BOTTOM LINE... IS AMAYA THE BEST TOOL FOR LEARNING XHTML CODING ON.... YES
> OR NO.

I think that every system with a built-in validator is ok :-)

> As I did a small comparison of it's capability as a browser viewing common
> web sites like "www.msn.com", "www.yahoo.com" and a website we created with
> FrontPage 2000 for our Intranet. The Results with Amaya viewing "msn" and
> "yahoo" were pretty miserable... with the FP2000 site a great deal better.

Actually, there are some "features" (like frames, if I
remember correctly) which are not present in Amaya by design;
moreover, FrontPage is known to add some "features" on its
own, which are not standard (nothing really strange -
Netscape won over Mosaic for the very same reason...)

ciao, .mau.