links to form results: handling & in attributes

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 10:35:23 -0600
To: www-amaya@w3.org
I like the way Amaya catches well-formedness errors;
it catches me if I paste a URI from a query form
into an XHTML document without changing & to &amp;.

But after I fix them, Amaya seems to break them
again when it saves.

I can't quite nail down the problem. I tried:

  - create a new document
  - type some text; select it; create link; select no anchor
  - enter http://example?a=1&b=2 in the attribute dialog
  - save

But that didn't reproduce the bug; it correctly wrote:

Then I closed that window, and then opened the document again,
and looked at the href attribute. Oddly, it looked like:

  http://example?a=1b=2

and when I saved, it was written that way:

That wasn't the bug I was trying to reproduce, but perhaps
it's related.

Help?

version info: