RE: embeding SGV with the <object> tag

From: Dave J Woolley <david.woolley@bts.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:29:22 -0000
To: "'www-amaya@w3.org'" <www-amaya@w3.org>
> From:	Charles McCathieNevile [SMTP:charles@w3.org]
> I do not know, but I believe that embed works better in some browers.
> Probably Netscape and IE 3 for example. There are also a number of
> authoring
> tools around which use embed by default - sigh.
[DJW:]  Object support is more or less broken, particularly for
simple objects, in the big 2.

In principle, for a good plug-in architecture, or native support,
img should work.  It doesn't, even for Amaya 2.4.1, although that
might be because the image was all path elements (it took a long
time to display a placeholder).  (img would allow server side
content negotiation, as currently done for PNG on the W3C logo.)