Re: embeding SGV with the <object> tag

On Thu, 15 Mar 2001 Bertrand.Ibrahim@cui.unige.ch wrote:

  h.rzepa@ic.ac.uk said:
  > Our SVG pages (http://www.ch.ic.ac.uk/svg/ ) contain exactly such a
  > declaration.

  I can see that this document uses both the <object> and the <embed> tags.
  My understanding is that the <embed> tag has never been part of any HTML
  standard specification, isn't it? It is not even in the list of deprecated
  tags.

correct

  If the <object> tag works with the SVG plug-in, why do people use the
  <embed> tag?

I do not know, but I believe that embed works better in some browers.
Probably Netscape and IE 3 for example. There are also a number of authoring
tools around which use embed by default - sigh.

Charles McCN