Re: Bug: undeletable section in a document

Thanks for the response. A few thoughts:

i) As the developer this is very obvious to you.  But as a user, it was completely
non-obvious! I had absolutely no way of knowing that I should hit Esc. All I could
see was that Amaya wasn't deleting what I asked it to. At the very least, it would
be a good idea for Amaya to display an informative messsage box in this situation.

ii) I don't believe I was trying to do anything unreasonable in this situation. I
wanted to delete a particular block of text, and Amaya wouldn't let me. Hitting
Esc means I end up deleting more than I want to. If Amaya is a WYSIWYG editor,
surely there shouldn't be such a concept as an "inconsistent selection", as this
is forcing users to take account of the underlying HTML/MathML.

iii) If I enlarge the selection, delete it, and then Undo the deletion, I can then
delete the area I originally wanted to delete. This suggests to me that it should
have been possible to delete that area in the first place...

Sorry to be a pain, but I am using Amaya a lot, and am just putting the user's
point of view!

Joe