Bug? Moving caret with caps-lock on selects text

From: Joe Gittings <joe.gittings@ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:54:48 +0100
To: www-amaya <www-amaya@w3.org>
I'd like to report what I think may be a bug. Otherwise, it's rather
unusual UI design.

If I move the caret (insertion point cursor) around the document using
the arrow keys and with caps-lock on, Amaya behaves as if I am holding
down the shift key.   I.e. it selects a block of text.

Is this the intended behaviour? I have never seen an editor that behaves
that way before.

I am using Amaya  4.3.2  on Linux.

Thanks,
Joe