Re: CVS daily snapshots?

On Mon, Mar 13, 2000 at 11:44:25AM -0500, Eddie Maddox wrote:
> 2nd suggestion: have the CVS daily snapshot be automated. Extra human
> attention should be minimal. Some groups do this but I don't know the
> details. Perhaps start with a weekly automated snapshot to get used to it.

  I already do snapshots of other softwares present in the W3C CVS tree
(namely libwww and libxml). However Amaya is quite a bit larger, it's not
much the size taken by a checkout on the server but rather be sure that
all the relevant files are actually on CVS and maybe avoiding the auto
generated ones.
  So technically generating a tar file from a CVS checkout on a regular
basis isn't hard, but making sure taht this checkout is useful is. Would
you candidate to report problems if I generate such a periodic checkout ?

Daniel

--
Daniel.Veillard@w3.org | W3C, INRIA Rhone-Alpes  | Today's Bookmarks :
Tel : +33 476 615 257  | 655, avenue de l'Europe | Linux XML libxml WWW