Re: 2.5pre: wild ride scrolling.

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Hugh Sasse Staff Elec Eng wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Eddie Maddox wrote:
>
> > (I hope I got that correct. It's hard to read the tiny letters in Amaya's
> > little boxes.)

I afterwards had played with Special, Preferences, General, Menu font
size, then clicked Apply. Nothing. So, Apply is broken for Menu font size,
at least.

Follow up: The included default Amaya docs that come up when first
starting Amaya state something like. "The Menu font size will not change
until you restart Amaya." !!!!!!!

So, I was right. The Apply button is broken for Menu font size, at least.
The Amaya docs already say so, in a round about way.

Follow, follow up: The buggy behavior described above does work(!?), ahh,
let's just say: does behave, as documented. That is, of course, that since
Apply is broke, you have to dump what you are doing, restart Amaya, pick
up the scattered pieces, and then get back to work. (Life: how sweet is
it? No sugar here. Told you I had more rants.)

> What/Where  is mc?

Good, sane, sensible question!

mc = Midnight Commander, a very popular file system browser/maintainer
tool. Takes a little getting used to, but very handy.  (Hint: as soon as
you get yours, press F9, select Options, Configuration, Lynx-like motion,
Save. This enables the arrow keys to navigate as in Lynx.  Good, sane,
sensible. So, why isn't Lynx-like motion enabled by default?  (I feel
another rant coming on. And Pine is the same way, too! Oh, Pine is a very
popular e-mail tool. http://www.washington.edu/pine/ Hey, what's this?
Everything is screwed up, again! The .../pine/ page text is all broken up
into syllable size pieces in a column along the left side! Amaya! Amaya
2.5pre does it again!!! Is this setting a world's record in Bugs/Browser?
(I feel another rant coming on.))

Anyway, mc is one of a whole bunch of nifty things they got going at:
http://www.gnu.org/

For mc:
http://www.gnu.org/, Software, Midnight Commander, Midnight Commander home
page. (You'll notice their home page is at http://www.gnome.org. Nifty