Re: Amaya 2.3 binary for Win 98 - long URLs

From: Patrick T. Rourke <ptrourke@mediaone.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 23:35:11 -0500
To: "Richard Webber" <rwebber@bigpond.com>, <www-amaya@w3.org>
Thanks, Richard (by the way, did you know that you have a setting requesting
return receipt on your email?).  I'm sorry, but I did not believe that bit
about using named entities in CGI GET URLs.   However, I have seen the same
long URL problem in 2.3 with CGI-based requests that did not have that extra
ampersand.  Use 2.3 to view e.g. the Boston.com homepage.  Or just paste my
code below into a page and remove the extra ampersand.

I note, by the way, that HTML-Tidy also truncates the CGI GET requests and
misreads the later values as entities, at least in the HTML-Kit
implementation of it.  That is why I thought it might be a standardization
issue.

PTR