Re: SCO 3.2v5.0.4 fails XLookupString is multiply define

> This was posted on comp.unix.sco.programmer with
> message-ID:  <379C58C8.8D705BB9@arc.it>, i.e.
> news:379C58C8.8D705BB9@arc.it  The original contains
> large attachments of the configure and make output,
> but I think the key error message is:
>
> i386ld: Symbol XLookupString in /usr/lib/libX11.a is multiply defined. First
> defined in ../thotlib/libThotEditor.a

That's true. The thotlib re-implements the X function XLookupString because
the standard
one is buggy sometimes. Normally it's supported because the -l takes the first
occurrence
in libThotEditor.a and doesn't try to load the libX11.a occurrence.
Nevertheless if you have trouble with it you can easily remove the use of the
libThotEditor.a
occurrence by a patch in the file Amaya/amaya/EDITOR.A:

In the USES section of that file you can remove ", Lookup"
and restart the building of Amaya.
Let me know if it works

Irene