Re: It simply wont navigate

> A few days after installation amaya decided to ignore my double-clicks altogether i.e. it simply does
> not follow hyperlinks anymore. Does someone have the same problem and better yet the solution? Thanks.

Could you analyze what has changed when amaya decided to ignore double-clicks?
It should be a great help to understand what is the problem.

> BTW does anyone know of a 100% (or so) error free fully HTML (any W3C spec.) compliant browser? Of the browsers installed around here:
>   - KFM (KDE File Manager, HTML widget)
>   - Netscape 4
>   - Amaya
> no one is. Frankly I am starting to loose faith in the prospect of a quality, seriously interoperable, WWW! How dificult can it be to write a decent browser, at least for Linux? I am convinced that Amaya could be this (a 100% error free HTML 4 compliant browser) _if and only if_ the Amaya team would focus on the browser itself. A WYSIWYG HTML editor simply does not make any sense! HTML is a _language_! I bet 99.999999% of HTML authors prefer to write HTML by hand. (I also suspect that many Amaya bugs are actualy in---or caused by---the Thot system. If this is true, and then since (as I understand) Thot development has stopped, then if Amaya would focus on browsing it would be less costly to migrate to a more stable system.)

I don't agree with you Mario.
80% of HTML authors use authoring tools (like FrontPage, Home Page, Page Mill,
Netscape-Composer, etc.).
HLML 4, MathML and then XML are not so easy to write by hand!

> It is very clear to me that the requisites of a quality WWW in the near future include the existence of browsers fully compliant with HTML 4, CSS2, XML (in that order).

True, but that needs a lot of work in current browsers.