Re: Amaya 1.3 not fully compliant with MathML

Sami Romdhani wrote:

> When I put
>
> <math> <mo form="infix" lspace=".27777em" rspace=".27777em"> &NotEqual;
> </mo> </math>
>
> in an html file, a MathML compliant browser (like Amaya) should display
> the symbol not equal. (MathML spec, appendix C)
>
> Instead Amaya 1.3 displays : &NotEqual;
>
> I guess it's because Amaya is not fully compliant with MathML yet.
> Is there a way I can find a way around this problem or should I wait for
> the next Amaya version, which should be available by ... ?

You are right. Very few math symbols are implemented in the version you used.
The situation has improved a bit.  In the next release, expected within the
next few days, more math operators are available, almost all those from the
Symbol font.  This includes NotEqual.

Vincent.

Vincent Quint                       INRIA Rhone-Alpes
W3C/INRIA                           ZIRST
e-mail: Vincent.Quint@w3.org        655 avenue de l'Europe
Tel.: +33 4 76 61 53 62             38330 Montbonnot St Martin
Fax:  +33 4 76 61 52 07             France