Re: More minor patches

On Thursday 18 January 2007 18:15, Regis Boudin wrote:
> On Mon, January 15, 2007 16:37, Irene Vatton wrote:
> >> This remark is also valid for the various snapshots you use and
> >> build statically (redland, raptor, Mesa, libWWW).
> >
> > This is done too, but I also have to check if we can integrate a new
> > version
> > of these libraries.
>
> Nice to know :).
>
> For information, attached is the list of relevant patches currently
> applied for the Debian package. They are applied on top of each other in
> the following order :
> * rdf_conf_in_conf.diff
> * raptor_split.diff
> * enable_system_libwww.diff
>
> The first one moves the bit configuring redland from Makefile.in to
> configure.in . I had to remove "-x c" and "-x c++" from CFLAGS and
> CXXFLAGS because because redland didn't seem to like them, and haven't had
> any issue compiling without them so far.
>
> The second one adds the possibility to only compile raptor if redland is
> not necessary (for instance when enabling annotations but not bookmarks),
> as well as to use the system-provided raptor library. It also has some
> auto-detection to enable/disable redland/raptor depending on what's needed
> and what can be used as a shared library. Plus it cleans up some of the
> parameters, flags etc...
>
> The third patch adds the possibility to use a system-provided libWWW, with
> auto-detection of WebDAV availability, with a massive cleanup in the
> various flags and options.
>
> Note that all 3 patches keep the same behavior by default, they use the
> included source code for redland/raptor and libwww.
>
> I would really like to get feedback on the first two patches. I believe
> they are in a fairly good shape, so if people could test them on other
> systems and tell what's wrong, I would really like to get to a point where
> they can be safely integrated into the CVS HEAD. The third one is more
> intrusive and probably has a couple of corner cases where things might
> break, but my focus is really to get the redland/raptor thing clean.
>
> As usual, any comment is welcome .:)

When I apply the first patch (rdf_conf_in_conf.diff)
The GTK version doesn't link:
../redland/raptor/.libs/libraptor.a(raptor_utf8.o)(.text+0x1d13): In function
`raptor_utf8_is_nfc':
: undefined reference to `g_utf8_normalize'
collect2: ld a retourné 1 code d'état d'exécution
I suspect `g_utf8_normalize' is available in gtk2 but not in gtk1.
What do you suggest?

> Regards,
>
> Regis

Regards