Re: Compiling Amaya on Windows (AmayaWX version)

On Sunday 24 September 2006 03:03, Martin Duerst wrote:
> Dear Amaya Team,
>
> I just noted some discrepancies and problems when trying to
> compile Amaya (WX version) on Windows:
>
> - http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Win-Compiling.html mentions
>   davlib\davlib.dsp, but the full distribution
>   (amaya-fullsrc-9.51.tgz) doesn't contain it.

This problem is fixed in the last snapshot:
  http://wam.inrialpes.fr/software/amaya/amaya-fullsrc-9.52.tgz

> - http://www.w3.org/Amaya/User/Win-Compiling.html mentions
>   libThotTable\libThotTable.dsp, but again, it's not included
>   in the full distribution.

This file is no longer used, but Win-Compiling.html was not updated.
It's fixed now.

>   The varying capitalization
>   libThotTable vs. LibThotKernel/Editor is also a bit annoying.

Win-Compiling.html is now updated.

> - Same problem for wx-setup\setup.h. This may be related to
>   a later compilation problem (see below).

This problem is also fixed in the last snapshot

> - When compiling WxWidgets, there are over 3000 warnings,
>   most if not all of the form
>   wxbase26d.lib(**filename**.obj) : warning LNK4006: _**SomeFunction**
>      was already defined ..., further occurences ignored
>   This message is not in literal form, as I'm back-translating from
>   the Japanese version. If there is some possibility to change
>   this to avoid these messages, that would be appreciated.
>   With warnings, it's never clear whether they are a problem or not.

This library is not under our control.
The new snapshot comes with a new WxWidgets version, but
not sure these problems are fixed.

> When working on compiling Amaya:
> - For several .dsp files, MS C++ 6.0 says something like
>   "This makefile hasn't been made with Developer Studio,..."
>   The files affected were app.dsp, cpp.dsp, prs.dsp, str.dsp,
>   tra.dsp, and zlib.dsp. These were all saved as e.g. app1.dsp,
>   and so on.
> - For a lot of files, there are error messages like:
>   AmayaAddPointEvtHandler.cpp
>   ..\..\..\wxWidgets\include\wx/platform.h(216) : fatal error C1083:
>   Can't open include file 'wx/setup.h': No such file or directory
> Compilation stops after 80 such errors.

Yes Amaya cannot compile without 'wx/setup.h'
It should work with the snapshot.

> Any help appreciated.
>
> Regards,    Martin.
>

> #-#-#  Martin J. Du"rst, Assoc. Professor, Aoyama Gakuin University
> #-#-#  http://www.sw.it.aoyama.ac.jp       mailto:duerst@it.aoyama.ac.jp

Thanks a lot for your feedback
     Irène.
-----