[amaya-dev]Re: still trying to compile Amaya on Windows

On Thursday 26 October 2006 03:43, Martin Duerst wrote:

> I have debugged a bit more, and have found that the error happens
> on the first call to LoadLibrary on line 404 of winthotcompilers.c.
> The code reads as follows:
>                      case APP:
>                            hLib = LoadLibrary ("app");
>                        if (!hLib)
>                              return FATAL_EXIT_CODE;
>
> My guess is that this may be due to a problem I reported earlier,
> namely that there was a problem with projects named "app" and
> similar three-letter codes. They got renamed to "app1".
> You said that you understood what that problem was and and would
> fix it. If you got around to fix it, I'll gladly try the fix.
>
> I checked the directory structure. I have
> D:\Amaya-compile\Amaya\WindowsWX\app\app1.dsp
> Looking at that file in a text editor, it sometimes uses "app",
> sometimes "app1". Finding all the files containing "app" in the relevant
> directories, I found only one, namely the above one, that contained
> "app1". I found some app.obj below the wxWidgets folder, apparently
> corresponding to some app.cpp there. I didn't find any app.dll anywhere.
> What kind of file is "LoadLibrary ("app");" supposed to load?
> Where would that file be located.

Hi Martin,

I think the origin of all your problems is due to projects renaming.
I cannot imagine that your Windows system doesn't accept three-letter
application or file names.
Perhaps files were renamed because there were some already existing files with
the same name and the system added a '1' to new generated names.
Could you try to start with a clean up space and re-extract sources.
When that is done, check if files are now correctly named.

     Irène.
-----