Re: [amaya-dev]Re: still trying to compile Amaya on Windows

Hello Irene,

Many thanks for your help. I have followed this a bit more,
and have some more information and some more questions.

At 19:26 06/10/19, Irene Vatton wrote:
>On Thursday 19 October 2006 11:44, Martin Duerst wrote:
>> Hello Irene,
>>
>> Many thanks for your mail.

I'm thinking so too.

>> >Then you select the Compiler project (preferabely in
>> >debug mode) and launch the building.
>> >Let me know is an error is reported.

I have debugged a bit more, and have found that the error happens
on the first call to LoadLibrary on line 404 of winthotcompilers.c.
The code reads as follows:
                     case APP:
                           hLib = LoadLibrary ("app");
                       if (!hLib)
                             return FATAL_EXIT_CODE;

My guess is that this may be due to a problem I reported earlier,
namely that there was a problem with projects named "app" and
similar three-letter codes. They got renamed to "app1".
You said that you understood what that problem was and and would
fix it. If you got around to fix it, I'll gladly try the fix.

I checked the directory structure. I have
D:\Amaya-compile\Amaya\WindowsWX\app\app1.dsp
Looking at that file in a text editor, it sometimes uses "app",
sometimes "app1". Finding all the files containing "app" in the relevant
directories, I found only one, namely the above one, that contained
"app1". I found some app.obj below the wxWidgets folder, apparently
corresponding to some app.cpp there. I didn't find any app.dll anywhere.
What kind of file is "LoadLibrary ("app");" supposed to load?
Where would that file be located.

>> Below is a list of errors, back-converted from Japanese to English.
>> Some of them, like those about .dll files in Yahoo directories,
>> look quite a bit suspicious.
>
>Yes it seems that some system dlls are missing, or the program is loading
>wrong libraries (problem of path search).
>Could you check if standard C:\WINDOWS\system32\ libraries are there.

What would 'standard C:\WINDOWS\system32\ libraries' be? I somewhat
agree with you assessment, but if some standard libraries were missing,
that would probably create problems for other programs, too. But
I don't have any such problems. Also, the Amaya Compiler does not
have any problems up to the LoadLibrary call, the Compiler application,
simple as it is, comes up in the same way I have known it years ago.

>If not, I suggest you reinstall them from the Microsoft site or your DVD.

Where on the Microsoft site would they be? I looked for "standard libraries"
on MSDN, but the results I got referred to C/C++ standard libraries,
which I would expect to be linked in statically.

>> There is also a message about memory leaks.
>
>Yes, thot compilers don't pay attention to the memory management.
>This is not really a problem with Windows NT/XP/2000.

Okay, fine.

Many thanks, as always, for your help,      Martin.