Re: List bug

This is actually a feature, but it seems that it may look a bit complex.
Let me try to explain what happens here, and why it happens.

Suppose you have the following list:

  1. aaaa
  2. bbbb BBBB
  3. cccc

and the caret is in the middle of the second item, between bbbb and BBBB.

A - The first Return allows you to split the content of item 2 into two
paragraphs:

  2. bbbb
     BBBB

B - The second Return creates a new, empty paragraphs between those two
paragraphs, but you still have a single list item:

  2. bbbb

     BBBB

C - The third Return splits the list item and creates a new one:

  2. bbbb
  3. |
  4. BBBB

If your goal was just to split the list item, you have to delete the new
empty item (just do F2 and Del)

D - The fourth Return splits the whole list and inserts a new empty paragraph
between the two lists:

  1. aaaa
  2. bbbb

  1. BBBB
  2. cccc

The story is a bit long, I agree, but making it shorter would skip one
step (at least) and then prevent users from getting one (at least) of
the structures listed above.

If I understand you correctly, you suggest to skip step B (and possibly
C). The second Return would then create:

  2. bbbb
  3. BBBB

But how could you create a new paragraph within a list item (step B) or
create a new item such as in step C?

Vincent.