Re: List bug

An alternative approach might be to have a "split element" function, which
would split an element at the caret.

For example, in a list item, or a dd, or a link, i might have the following
(source-code-sort-of)

  <element name>this is |an example</element>

with the caret represented by the bar | just before the word "an". I could
use the split command (ctrl x ctrl x or whatever) to make

This is something I would find useful for links, list items and dd elements
in particular, and perhaps for other items too. I wonder how it would work in
a table - split a cell into two to create a new column? just create a new
cell in that row, and stretch the others? If it was in a cell with rowspan Z,
presumable it would create one cell without a rowspan and one with rowspan
Z-1?

(I agree that having the current behaviour for enter is a feature...)

cheers

chaals