Re: ./configure ignores --with-gtk option

From: Irene Vatton <Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 10:20:20 +0200
To: Hubert Tonneau <hubert.tonneau@inrialpes.fr>
Cc: www-amaya-dev@w3.org, Irene.Vatton@inrialpes.fr
> If I do
>   ./configure --with-gtk

The right way is to create a subdirectory gtk (or any other name)
then to go into this subdirectory and start "../configure --with-gtk"

> on the freshly unpacked 5.1 tarball,
> I first get the strange message:
>   Amaya need Motif 1.2 or 2.0
>   Now start "make all" (GNU make preferably) to build the bianries

I agree it's confusing, I'll check. But normally it should generate the
right compiling options in the file Options.orig:
THOT_OPTIONS=-D_GTK
AMAYA_OPTIONS=  -D_GTK

If GTK libraries are well installed, "configure" should find out "gtk-config"
that generates the right values for
GTK_INCLUDES=
GTK_LIBRARIES=